What a great time we had yesterday at the Rabbit & Robot Book Launch Party!
Many thanks to everyone who came and celebrated the new book with me.
And also, many thanks to all those who volunteered (aka The People I Begged To Do Stuff For Me):
- readers Cindy Minnick, Kirk Carter, and Brian Compton
- Master of Ceremonies Michael Hemphill
- Judges Terry Ellen Carter, Robert Pilkington, and Melissa Pilkington
- Pizza Picker Upper Robert Pilkington
- Popcorn Popper Janet Wren
- Chocolate Nuts-and-Bolts Maker Melissa Pilkington
- Library Volunteers Sydney, Steve, and Susan (is this an alliterative party, or what?)
- Photographer Kirk Carter (all of the photos in this post were taken by Kirk — aren’t they great?)
I asked folks to come in costume, and boy, did they ever! There were rabbits:
And there were robots:
There were Rabbits and Robots coexisting peacefully together:
And there was this little guy, in a crazy Rabbit/Robot mash-up:
There were candy peas and carrots, and chocolate nuts and bolts (and pizza and popcorn and punch):
There were folks trying out the Rabbit & Robot carnival thingamajig:
There were crafts:
And there were prizes:
There was much excitement about the prizes:
There was Great Pathos:
And Great Joy:
And there was me, signing books, and looking very Rabbit-like (both without my Robot glasses AND with my buck-teeth):
But most importantly, there was reading.
Thanks again, everybody, for a great party!
Maybe we’ll do another one soon!